The Bicycle Scavenger Hunt starts anytime between 8 and 10 a.m. on September 17th at Wiley Roots Brewing Company. Proceeds from team Weld Werks will beneift A Woman’s Place, and team Wiley Roots will benefit the Go West Film Festival. Race registration is $25.00 per individual. Race registration also includes a free beer upon the completion of the race, and a chance to win additional brewery prizes for the top three finishers. Registration is open to individuals over the age of 21. Tickets can be purchased at https://www.mkt.com/wileyroots
A Woman’s Place Inc. shelters and helps empower victims and survivors of domestic abuse to become safe, secure and self-reliant; and through education and collaboration, mobilizes our community to help prevent domestic violence.
Go West Film Festival: Through a celebration of classic and contemporary Western film, the Go West Film Festival explores social and environmental issues currently impacting the West, enhancing a deeper understanding of the nexus between Western myth and reality. The Go West Film Festival is committed to ensuring that the festival is free to all film attendees.
Just to clarify, here’s how the race works:
1) Participants are welcome to begin the race anytime between 8 am and 10 am. Since this is a timed race, there’s no need to worry about everyone starting at the same time!
2) The “course” starts at Wiley Roots Brewing Company (625 3rd Street), and continues based upon the clue set you’ll receive during registration.
3) Winners are determined based upon the time taken to complete the race. “Winners” are twofold: individuals completing the race, as well as the respective charity you designate during registration: “Team WeldWerks” racing for A Women’s Place or “Team Wiley” racing for the Go West Film Fest.
4) Prizes are awarded to the top three individuals, and the proceeds from the race will be donated the the winning team’s respective charity.
5) Bring your camera phone to document your journey.